Please advise, Nikon d800e with 24-70mm v Canon 5d m3 with 24-70mm...

Started Oct 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
José B
José B Forum Pro • Posts: 18,562
Outstanding choices Marek!

Marek07 wrote:

I followed all the posts, which were really informative and to be honest I learned a lot! Other times it seemed almost like a game of tennis between Nikon and Canon!:))

I looked at all the pros and cons, I think when your spending 4 grand plus on a camera kit research is essential!

I also contacted a few colleagues within my Industry.

What also helped me make up my mind was going into the camera store and trying both systems with the same lens 24-70mm and the 24-70mm USM2 for canon, same settings etc..

I took a couple of flash cards, took shots of skin tones, details different ISO settings etc...

In the store I have to say that the canon seemed more user friendly, more a camera you can pick up and start shooting without worrying too much settings whereas the nikon seemed a camera that you can get amazing results if you put the work in.

Personally it's quite hard to define but the ergonomics and the ease of use made the canon an instant hit, when am in the studio and have lighting, models, make-up, hair and other things to worry about I don't wanna be spending too much time setting up my camera, But this is purely from a fashion and Portraiture point of view whereas still life, landscape etc this is not an issue!

When I checked the images at home from the different camera's I found pretty much which had already been stated in your replies, also I only shoot RAW

The Nikon skin tones were not as good as the Canon's, Both systems gave me sharp results with fast focus, The details within the Nikon images was really truly astounding, The Detail the Nikon sensor give's is much better than the Canon, also when you zoom in the Nikon image doesn't break up like the Canon's.

Anyway's for me within Fashion and portraiture I went with the Canon but like other people have stated either will do the same job I guess to be fair it's just personal preference!

Thank's again for all the info!

Kind Regards...

Looking forward to seeing some pics with your new system.

Cheers,

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow