Maybe my D7000 has issues....

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
Re: what if it didn't?

ott77n wrote:

You seem to point to this photo as the proof of your fourth camera's AF problems. For this to work, there must be no easy explanation, which would suggest otherwise. That, or your presented proof is anything but.

I've taken lots of shots, that was one

Here is another on a tripod with AF-S

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50098404

Strong back focus care to debate that one? Oh shock it shows the same as the real world shot..wow..you do the maths on this one

So in this particular case, your camera was in AF-A. If I understand your explanation, for the focus/re-compose to work, the camera must lock focus and must not try to re-focus, once the lock has been obtained.

It locked and did not re-focus.

So having said all that, I suspect you evaluate your photos like that: hey, I wanted the person's face to be in focus - it is not! AF failed again!

I't showing back focus strong back focus which it shows with all the shots.

The thing is, you neglect to ask a follow-up question: how do you know the AF has failed? Could it have actually worked? How?

It turns out, in this case the obvious explanations presents itself, once the focus mode used is evaluated. How could the AF had worked here? Simple: AF-A could have "chosen" AF-C.

Well it's a Tamron 90mm macro lens the AF is not silent so you def know it it's moved into AF-C

Once that supposition is formulated, your "proof" falls apart. There is no ifs, no buts, no Tokina this or 35 1.8 that, no nothing. Since the plausible explanation to the contrary exists, the "evidence" proves nothing.

I agree the cast iron tripod shots shows clear backfocus, which is exactly what you get in the real world.

Unfortunately, you seem to reject everything anybody suggests, and any explanation offered.

You're trying to explain away back focus, when it's really ismple. "back focus" speak it out loud it's very easy to do that

Try harder to explain why your photos are oof. Reading the manual could help. The AF mode to use for focus/re-compose is AF-S. If you have your camera in any mode other than AF-S and focus/re-compose, and then argue the issue where the proper AF mode selection is fundamental, you make yourself look less serious, than you otherwise might look.

Reading the manual won't magically make the AF calibrated. Tripod, MLU, 35mm f1.8 easy target and

BACK FOCUS

I have many more shots of that if you want..but I think you don't really understand what is going on. You can change the AF modes all day long..camera is still back focussing!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow