Awful pics using the flash in FZ150

Started Oct 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tootsall
Tootsall Senior Member • Posts: 1,530
Re: Awful pics using the flash in FZ150

bimbobo wrote:

The exif info are here..

This how IA mode took the pics..

I tried 100 and 200 ISO and but not 0.66EV as it was already too harsh when I tried in A P S mode.

I used also Spot and Center metering and not Multi Segment but the issue was the "light" not the focus imho. So maybe somebody can explain simply what is wrong.

Bimbobo, something I just noticed about your information: when I switch my FZ150 from P/A/S/M to iA, the ev always reverts to 0.  Did you crank up the ev in iA to 0.66 deliberately?  That could explain the blowouts.  I never use iA and always have my ev set at -0.33 or -0.66 (unless using ev bracketing or am in very dim light and don't want to use the flash)...when using flash I stay with a negative ev setting and, depending upon how much flash I need, adjust the flash intensity instead.  If I am in a large space (read "longer distance to subject") I may crank up the ev (less than +1) and the flash into positive territory.   I leave ISO at 100 most of the time but if light is lower (and no flash being used) then I'll go on auto ISO with max = 200 or 400 (mostly depends on where I used it last!).

-- hide signature --

"Kites rise highest against the wind - not with it." - Winston Churchill

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow