Maybe my D7000 has issues....

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
ott77n Contributing Member • Posts: 959
what if it didn't?

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

ott77n wrote:

If you were experimenting, why blame the camera?

It missed all the shots regardless of mode

Then why is the subject under the focus point perfectly in focus?

Because you don't know what focus-recompose means..seriously look it up.

Try it yourself focus re-compose a scenic shot move the composition so the af point is on the sky. Open shot in view NX and wow the AF box is now on the sky!

Difference is I don't  say "dude why did you AF on the sky"? If you can't grasp that, then you've serious issues. You tried to make me look silly, but end up making yourself look worse. Do a bit more research before you post..this is basic stuff.

You seem to genuinely believe that all 5 of your last 5 cameras had the same focus issue. I am truly amazed. And this is why I am not going to give up on you, as others seem to have had

I believe with your current accumulated experience you should take a step back and re-evaluate.

I hope you agree that 5-in-a-row cameras of two different models with the same problem, purchased from different vendors hitting you, is something akin to a miracle.

Then practically everybody dismissing all the evidence of your cameras' faults.

Why would that be? Could there be something to it?

I believe there is something to it: you are (let me try to put it as mildly, as I possibly could) inconsistent.

With all your "experiments" you seem to be jumping to conclusions. Or rather to one and the same conclusion every time: oof photo is the fault of the camera.

Your photo of the car's license plates, where the person included in the frame totally ruining the composition is the perfect example: here it is, for the reference:

So now, that I know what the focus/re-compose is, let me try to explain why I said what I said

You seem to point to this photo as the proof of your fourth camera's AF problems. For this to work, there must be no easy explanation, which would suggest otherwise. That, or your presented proof is anything but.

So in this particular case, your camera was in AF-A. If I understand your explanation, for the focus/re-compose to work, the camera must lock focus and must not try to re-focus, once the lock has been obtained.

So having said all that, I suspect you evaluate your photos like that: hey, I wanted the person's face to be in focus - it is not! AF failed again!

The thing is, you neglect to ask a follow-up question: how do you know the AF has failed? Could it have actually worked? How?

It turns out, in this case the obvious explanations presents itself, once the focus mode used is evaluated. How could the AF had worked here? Simple: AF-A could have "chosen" AF-C.

Once that supposition is formulated, your "proof" falls apart. There is no ifs, no buts, no Tokina this or 35 1.8 that, no nothing. Since the plausible explanation to the contrary exists, the "evidence" proves nothing.

Unfortunately, you seem to reject everything anybody suggests, and any explanation offered.

Try harder to explain why your photos are oof. Reading the manual could help. The AF mode to use for focus/re-compose is AF-S. If you have your camera in any mode other than AF-S and focus/re-compose, and then argue the issue where the proper AF mode selection is fundamental, you make yourself look less serious, than you otherwise might look.

HTH

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow