DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
fuego6
fuego6 Senior Member • Posts: 2,287
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager

Daminion is a new version of Picajet - same developer.. just a lot more functionality and getting better all the time.  The UI is a bit "old school" and I"m also not entirely thrilled with all the drop down buttons and current layout.. but Murat has promised a UI editor and workspace ability so that should help dramatically.

I too have tested a TON of products... and have found LR to be ok for what I currently need to do.. tag images in a hierarchical fashion, search for images and apply GPS and location data, and create unique print templates for multiphoto printing.  The fact I can do all this in a single place and edit my images (JPG and RAW) has won me over.  Sure - there are tons of DAM features missing from LR that should be there by now - but, with the many addons and plugins available, I can get by just fine using them.

I like Zoner and have the PRO version.. lots of functionality for a great price.. and pretty fast too!  Does about all most folks need it to do... lots of fun stuff!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow