Maybe my D7000 has issues....

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
Re: Not the case

Mako2011 wrote:

Not true at all...you are hand held. The plane of focus can shift forward and back and why it's a very poor technique for testing focus....as you have shown. It's also why Nikon never ever calibrates it's lens/cameras hand held.....you get inconsistent results....just as you have.

If my technique is so poor it's amazing that I managed to get the Minolta shot in focus. Which I strangely did.

I get inconsistent results because the body isn't calibrated properly so I get back focus on all the lenses. I get the same results hand held or on a tripod. We've been through all this before with D90 tripod shots..the same thing.

I am very stable hand holding because I've been doing it for a long time..I don't shift my plane of focus because I'm good at it

But just to keep you happy

Mirror lock up via IR remote

Velbon VS443D tripod/ball head, the AF assist lamp did fire (so let's not start another excuse about dim light and difficult for the AF)

AF-S single point central AF sensor

Now in future when I say "it's back focussing" please stop trying to kid me it's me making things up or poor technique. Honestly..same result notable back focus happy now?

Probably not but hey you called me out..and I show exactly the same result on a tripod!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow