Is there time for an interchangeable sensor DSLR?

Started Oct 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Theodoros Fotometria Senior Member • Posts: 2,090
Re: Is there time for an interchangeable sensor DSLR?

AlephNull wrote:

Theodoros Fotometria wrote:

Zardoz wrote:

Hey bro,

You're not free of moiré with non-Bayer (note: not Bayern) pattern sensors. Please learn about the sampling theorem before shooting your mouth off.

Hey Bro,

Are you saying that a non-Bayer with one that bares it sensor, ...are the same prone to moire? ....like you was saying thatAdams & Bresson NEVER shot incolor....?

There is 20 times less chance for a "true" B&W sensor not to bear moire and since all color MFDBs above 33mpx rarely have it, it makes the possibility of a non BP sensor to present the issue absolutely negligible to an extend that a user can ignore it...

In fact there is less chance for a B&W sensor (of any resolution) to present the issue, ...than a different sensor with BP and as small pixels as you like....,  Buy bro....

You CAN get moire on a non-Bayer sensor - moire is an artefact of using discrete pixels, and every digital sensor uses discrete pixels. Yes, it's aggravated by the Bayer pattern (because the green pixels are only half the grid, and red and blue are only a quarter), but you can get moire even on a monochrome sensor.  Entertainingly, you can even get "false colour moire" on a monochrome sensor

Do you have a source for your claim that there's "20 times less chance"? I'd expect the difference in occurrence of visible moire to be proportional to the fineness of the pixel grid.

By the way: I think you mean "Bye", not "Buy", although a case can be made for either

I know....

-- hide signature --

Theodoros
www.fotometria.gr
www.fotometriawedding.gr

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow