The Olympus 75mm, tell me why I "need" it.

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
phototransformations
phototransformations Senior Member • Posts: 2,840
Re: The Olympus 75mm, tell me why I "need" it.

LPMILLER wrote:

clengman wrote:

phototransformations wrote:

clengman wrote:

LPMILLER wrote:

I've been through numerous threads here regarding the Olympus "must have" primes, the 12, 40 and 75.  I must confess that I am a tried and true addict of zoom lenses as I find the versatility of them to be so useful and adaptable for any given situation.  I have had primes before, 50 mm macros and my first tele lens was a 135.  The only prime that I have very fond memories of, prior to shooting digital, was the Nikon AF DC-Nikkor 105mm f/2D.  This lens was absolutely gorgeous and the images it produced were of equal quality.  I utilized this lens.ii..

You didn't utilize it. You ​ it.

I'm not a big fan of "utilize" over "use," but there's nothing incorrect about "utilized" here. "Utilize" means "put to use," which is exactly what the OP did with his lens.

I don't know. Not according to the OED.

...some of you guys really need to get a life - with all this c*ap you all seem to insist upon, it's not really worth asking anything here, so, once again, I guess I won't bother anymore, this site is totally ruined by all this kind of verbal trashing and constant flaming...

You consider a little off-topic discussion of the words "utilize" vs "use" in which one forum member says it's the wrong word, and the other forum member (feeling like this is being rather picky, and also wrong) comes to your defense on word usage? I was an English major once upon a time and a writer for a long time. This incorrect "correction" of your word usage amused me, and I also felt like coming to your (and the word "utilize") defense.

Why you chose this post to complain about "trashing and flaming" is beyond me, particularly because so many people in this thread have actually been trying to be helpful (myself included, on the 45 1.8), a refreshing change from recent times. No hostility on anybody's part, as far as I can see, except, now, yours.

phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow