The Olympus 75mm, tell me why I "need" it.

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
LPMILLER
OP LPMILLER Forum Member • Posts: 56
Re: Need?

I appreciate all the input, let me clarify a few things.  Yes, I can afford the lens and the money's not burning a hole in my pocket, I have all the necessary accessory equipment I'll ever require, and, of course I don't desperately need it as it isn't a life threatening decision.  I do have experience shooting all focal lengths as I've been making my living from photography for many many years, so I do know the attributes of the various focal lengths. I have two OM-D's so switching back and forth won't be an issue.  One of the main reasons I made the switch to the OM-D was the portability it provides me over the much larger kit I've been hauling around for way too long, my back and I aren't getting any younger...;)  I have kept my four thirds SHG lenses for any situation that I figure might require such a lens, I still have an E-1 and an E-5, but after using the OM-D for the last several months, have no great desire to haul the larger and much heavier equipment around.  
I do appreciate sharp, high quality, fast glass, thus my keen interest in this lens.  So maybe I shouldn't have used the word "need", might I request then, that any of you with knowledge and experience with the 75 f1.8 give me some feedback based on your recent ownership of this, apparently, excellent piece of glass.
Thank you,
Lorne Miller

LPMILLER's gear list:LPMILLER's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 35-100mm 1:2.0 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow