Test Shot a 5DmkIII for the first time.

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP RGL1215 Regular Member • Posts: 171
Re: Test Shot a 5DmkIII for the first time.

jm67 wrote:

RGL1215 wrote:

jrarsenault wrote:

I went from a 7D + 5D MkI combo to the 5D3. Never regretted it. I had been waiting for a full frame 7D and found it in the 5D3. The higher ISO capability plus the advanced auto focus system was a bonus.

Later I plan to add a 7D Mk2 which will serve as my back-up and go-to camera when I need reach.

Damn, that would be one hell of a back-up.

It is.  In fact I kept one of my 7Ds when getting the 5D3 and I'll wait and see if the 7D2 is worth chucking the 7D.  Likely not but I'm not one to fret over cameras that haven't been invented yet.

I have to agree the 5D3 is the FF version of the 7D.  Sorry I can't help you to choose between the two.  You'll just have to figure out whether or not it's worth it in terms of tossing all your EF-s lenses and buying the FF equivalents.  Do you need speed/high iso/reach/print large and so on?  We all know the list by now and really only you can answer those along with the "can I really afford it?".  I haven't read all the posts but I'm sure someone must have mentioned waiting for the 6D and trying it out.

Well thats an option. For the price of the 5dmkIII you can get a 7D and a 6D. 

RGL1215's gear list:RGL1215's gear list
Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow