I'm thinking about switching to NEX from K5+

Started Oct 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
rogerstpierre Veteran Member • Posts: 3,984
Re: I'm thinking about switching to NEX from K5+

I have had similar thoughts, and concluded that the day I give up my DSLR, is the day I 'll sell everything to buy myself a good APS-C P&S and live with that.  To me, once I decide to scale down, with all the compromises that it entails, I see no point in having the ability to change lens actually.  I'd even say, that if I could get DSLR performance in an X100 type camera, that I could live with just that one camera and forget everything else.  Actually, give me a true Rangefinger with a fixed 35mm /f:1.8 lens, Manual Focus, large buffer, FF, no AA Filter, random pattern (i.e. Non Bayer Matrix) and I'll sell all that I have to get it !  But that'll never happen in my lifetime unfortunately !

It's a personal decision that should be based on your needs and preferences.  Can't hardly advise you one way or another.

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
K0d
bzx
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow