Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Questions thread
OP Fathom Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: You still don't seem to understand

John Motts wrote:

Fathom wrote:

John Motts wrote:

Fathom wrote:

The question here is that how many keepsake photos will I be able to obtain when the D800 is compared to the D600. Blurry (caused by me or an inappropriate lens to the camera) or not blurry. Forgiving or unforgiving. With appropriate or mediocre handholding technique. And I'm just assessing user responses. That's all. Thanks for your input though. Much appreciated.

Once again, neither camera will be any more "blurry" than the other. Camera shake is caused by, well, camera shake. It has nothing to do with resolution.

Hi John,

Given that it has nothing to do with resolution, at the end of it all, everyone desires to have more photos worth keeping using all the known techniques to achieve the optimal image composed...again whether it would be acquainted with resolution or not, shutter speed or not, camera holding techniques or not, of which in this case, the situation is that the cam is handheld. Which is why I'm inquiring from photographers who has quite an experience with the D800 already, especially the ones with both the D800 & D600. Thanks for responding Mr. Motts.

Hi Fathom

I'm just pointing out that camera shake is a factor of the photographer and not the camera. There is a great deal of misunderstanding about this. The D800 will not and cannot exhibit more camera shake when compared like with like. Why should it?

Shutter speed is very definitely a factor in camera shake, but again this has nothing to do with the camera model.

Hi John,

Yes. You're absolutely right. It's me, as the photographer who would be the factor if I'll be able to retrieve minimal to no blur at all on my images. Shooting in manual AF priority and getting the meter to achieve the proper exposure is the way I mostly shoot my subjects. And most of the time. I don't use a tripod. I'm not really a 100% peeper so to speak. And I'm sure I would be keeping images would those so-called "slight blur" on them (caused by me, I'm admitting to that). It's just that I'm hoping, that when my clients would be receiving the "slight blurred" images, they wouldn't be noticing it especially if I opt to not go through the process of downsampling them (To try to eliminate blur as it may be perceived by the human eye) because it may take a substantial amount of time off my workflow.

Sometimes, (or most probably not too often), I get away with 1/15 SS, low light with the D700 (Though not 100% magnified). I just hope with the same handholding technique I'm using, I would be able to do the same with the D800 or D600, whichever I opt for.

Again, your comments are much appreciated Mr. Motts. Thank you.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow