Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Questions thread
John Motts Veteran Member • Posts: 5,641
Re: You still don't seem to understand

Fathom wrote:

John Motts wrote:

Fathom wrote:

The question here is that how many keepsake photos will I be able to obtain when the D800 is compared to the D600. Blurry (caused by me or an inappropriate lens to the camera) or not blurry. Forgiving or unforgiving. With appropriate or mediocre handholding technique. And I'm just assessing user responses. That's all. Thanks for your input though. Much appreciated.

Once again, neither camera will be any more "blurry" than the other. Camera shake is caused by, well, camera shake. It has nothing to do with resolution.

Hi John,

Given that it has nothing to do with resolution, at the end of it all, everyone desires to have more photos worth keeping using all the known techniques to achieve the optimal image composed...again whether it would be acquainted with resolution or not, shutter speed or not, camera holding techniques or not, of which in this case, the situation is that the cam is handheld. Which is why I'm inquiring from photographers who has quite an experience with the D800 already, especially the ones with both the D800 & D600. Thanks for responding Mr. Motts.

Hi Fathom

I'm just pointing out that camera shake is a factor of the photographer and not the camera. There is a great deal of misunderstanding about this. The D800 will not and cannot exhibit more camera shake when compared like with like. Why should it?

Shutter speed is very definitely a factor in camera shake, but again this has nothing to do with the camera model.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow