ED 12-60 How do users rate this lens?

Started Oct 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
goblin
goblin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,497
Re: ED 12-60 How do users rate this lens?

Durm wrote:

YYou can "lubricate" the lens hood bayonet with dry graphite lube (the easiest way is to use the "lead" of a number 2 pencil (which is bonded graphite not lead) just put the "point" of the pencil in the groove and run it around a few times.

Tried it. Tried teflon lubricants, and whatnot. Eventually it always ends up the same...

The plastic simply reacts to temperature variations differently compared to the lens, and worst of all - it looks like some reactions are irreversible. Or it might be the design of the little "tooth" inside the groove. Don't know which. What I know is that a brand new hood is always butter smooth (but still flimsy), and it goes only downhill from there.

On the other hand, it looks like I've had less problems with the last ones I bought, so it might be that the the latest batches of the lens hood might have been built better than the first ones.

goblin's gear list:goblin's gear list
Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro +73 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow