16-50 pancake kit lens

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sergey Borachev Veteran Member • Posts: 3,826
Re: 16-50 pancake kit lens

Yang wrote:

Anyway, my own side-by-side comparison shots on Photokina with 16-50 and 18-55 on my NEX-5N were good enough for me, so that I`m ready to accept this compromise and to buy this pancake. The inconsistency with pancake on my NEX-5N is the same as with 18-55mm.

Nice to hear!  It seems Sony finally gets it right, after all this time with its mistake of trying to make the smallest possible APS-C camera in the NEX range while sacrificing so much in usability (lack of buttons, large unbalanced lenses, no EVF etc).  This NEX-6 has EVF, flash, more buttons/dials and now also a small and affordable all-purpose zoom that starts at 16mm.  And WiFi, and focus peaking. The other big mistake is giving us really advanced cameras but quite average quality lenses. If the optical quality of the lens is decent, this combination will be very successful.  Let's hope Sony will release more small collapsible and/or pancake lenses that ALSO have good quality.  And also let's hope the nex one will have a touch screen!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
Pat
Pat
Pat
fip
fip
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow