Nikon P7700 first images (from France)..

Started Oct 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Hélios Méroé OP Regular Member • Posts: 147
Re: Nikon P7700 first images (from France)..

Hello again,

Again thanks very much for all your nice comments..

I'm still in the learning process of the P7700..especially the white balance & the contrast settings of the APN..after a little practice, it seems that the P7700 has some dark native contrast balance, i will try my next shooting with lower contrast setting JPEG mode and tell you my impressions..

Here's some more shots in 3:2 format (except the last one) the first pictures at 100 ISO, the lonely bird at 200 ISO taken at the end of the zoom (200 mm F5.0) & the Statue at 80 ISO (Jpeg from RAW) with a little crop..

Working in RAW format gives a step more in IQ with the P7700..the native noise is fairly discrete even in RAW..the problem as usual with compact sensors will be in the dark areas & shadows..but for me, there's a step more in IQ & dynamic with this 1/1.7" Cmos..

The P7700 keeps a good reactivity in RAW..a recent SD card (Lexar SDHC 600X for ex..) will help as well..i bought the nikon native leather fit case from japan who gives a very nice handling of the P7700 but the price is not cheep so (86 €)..there will surely be some fit case on ebay soon with decent price (for those of you who like this type of vintage protection..i do a lot personally..)

Nice shooting to you, regards,

Helios.

Lake View

Not alone

Rocks

Lonely bird

Statue

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KCN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow