NEX-7 with Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar 15mm F4.4

Started Oct 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cullings Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: NEX-7 with Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar 15mm F4.4

omhaus1 wrote:

This is an HDR of 3 separates exposures (-3, 0 and +3) processed firstly in Cornrefix (to remove the edge magenta color cast), then in Photomatix Pro 4.  The resulting HDR was subsequently processed in Perfect Photo Suite and Lightroom 4.

Following is the unprocessed 'middle exposure' : . . . . .

-- hide signature --

Thanks for the original photo.  I really don't want to have to use Cornerfix and Lightroom on every photo.  Perhaps the NEX-6 won't have the same magenta cast problem.  Or perhaps other ultra-wide lenses would work better (the new Sony 10-18 zoom??).  I make a lot of panorama images including stitching for 360 degree cylindrical panoramas. So a really wide lens helps.  I've tried fisheye lenses (Rokinon 8mm), but the image resolution is not as good.

I'm curious how you did the (-3, 0 and +3) bracketing.  Did you use a heavy tripod and a very steady hand when changing the exposure setting?  I find (-2, 0 and +2) bracketing is very easy on my Canon 7-D (often without a tripod) - but the NEX5 is just too difficult for me.  I'm hoping Sony will increase the bracketing range on their newer cameras like they already do on their better DSLRs.  I read hints that a new Sony app might offer enhanced bracketing performance.

I see that you put a lot of effort into getting the best possible image from your original photo - and it paid off.  I like the more vivid greens and the magenta cast removal.      -- John C.

Cullings's gear list:Cullings's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Sony Alpha a7 Sony a6000 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow