A 2nd Alpha

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
EvilOne
EvilOne Forum Pro • Posts: 14,269
Re: A 2nd Alpha

EarthQuake wrote:

I think it really depends on what you want out of a "backup" body.

For a paid professional, you should certainly have a backup(or two) of the exact same body. Or a body that is extremely similar in ergonomics. Like the A99 and A77, or the A700 and A850/A900.

For a causal shooter, I think all you need out of a backup camera is something low end in the rare occasion that your main camera would be away for service/fail unexpectedly. I think the OP would probably fall into this category considering his $300 budget, but who knows.

'I'm not a paid professional.... but I also do not like changing lenses out doors... Part of the reason is when shooting fast action sports, or wildlife the action comes and goes so quickly that there is no time to change lenses. For me if the backup was not as good, I would be disappointed, which hasn't been the case prior to my A77 purchase. Part of the deal is the EVF which enhances my experience to the point where I do not want to use an OVF like that found in my A700.

-- hide signature --

Bill aka EO

EvilOne's gear list:EvilOne's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7Hi Nikon Coolpix 990 Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow