These forums now crash IE8 whenever I type....

Started Oct 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Simon Joinson
Simon Joinson dpreview Admin • Posts: 5,014
Re: These forums now crash IE8 whenever I type....

Barrie Davis wrote:

... even if if I am typing in a another internet location entirely, say, YouTube.

I now detest this place. I hate what it looks like with a vengeance, and I'm completely fed up with waiting for it to start working properly.

I'll probably check in from time to time, to see if things ever get mended, but the days of me being a "forum pro" are now over. As things are at present, responding here is too much like hard work, and no fun.

Goodbye, all. Sorry to go.
--
Regards,

Baz
"Ahh... But the thing is, these guys were no /ORDINARY/ time travellers!"

The problem is IE8. Think about it - which is more likely - that DPR can somehow make youtube unstable or that the problem is an old, problematic browser that is increasingly unstable on modern websites? When you start getting problems with more and more sites will it also be our fault?

That all said, we are aware of the issue using the editor and are working on coding around the problems IE8 produces, including a plain text editor (like you used to have). If you don't like chrome, why not just upgrade to IE9?

Note that for those of us using modern browsers the site 'works properly' already.

SJ

-- hide signature --

Simon Joinson, Editor-in-chief
dpreview.com
connect.dpreview.com

Simon Joinson's gear list:Simon Joinson's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon D750 +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ck3
ck3
ck3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow