Shout out to Paul C Buff's customer service

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP pursang Regular Member • Posts: 232
Re: Shout out to Paul C Buff's customer service

I wanted to give some of you a comparison of the 'newer' Einsteins to the older ones. I had to rent some lights from a local vendor while mine were being 'repaired' by Paul and his team. First the things you can't see in a photo:

The fan is much quieter and does not come on as often as my prior units
The audible beep for recycling is much louder now
The mounting fingers are VERY TIGHT on modifiers. After mounting my largest softbox and hung it from a boom with the softbox straight down I examined the space between the speed ring and the Einstein. There was none. A little test you can run; place the protective cap on the Einstein and turn it either way. Like my former units the protective cap will rotate freely. With the new units they do NOT.

In this first image you can see that the lever which controls the tilt of the unit now clears the housing unlike my former units which were obstructed by the unit's main housing. This was never a big deal to me since I simply reset the lever to achieve max tension before hitting the housing.

pursang's gear list:pursang's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS-1D X Pentax 645Z Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow