Nikon parts: This will affect YOU. Please sign.

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
nikonjohn
nikonjohn Senior Member • Posts: 1,421
Peter - I simply don't believe you. If you needed a .95 cent gasket for the bottom of ...

Peter Jonas wrote:

nikonjohn wrote:

How can you defend a company policy that requires you to send in your camera to replace a gasket that the user is advised to remove when s/he is using the MB-D12?  For crying out loud; the "tool" to remove the MB-D12 is your fingernail.  The "tool" to put it back in place is your thumb.  The technical expertise is zero.  This is the very definition of a "stupid" policy.

I support this policy, because I agree with its main and oveall objectives. I do conceed there are some undesirable side effects, which your case clearly demonstrate. I would probably have a lot harder time supporting Nikon's policy if I was in a similar situation. I think I would still do, but would make some comments to them.

User installable parts like the one you mention should be hanging off shelves in blister packs at any retailer who sells Nikon. Just like spare batteries and lens caps. And I think that kind of availability will be forthcoming ...

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Peter Jonas

your D800, do you really expect me to believe that you would support Nikon's policy requiring you to send your D800 to a service center so a trained technician could press that little piece of rubber into place?  Of course, maybe you take your car into the dealer to have them top off your windshield wiper fluid or install new mats for all I know.  The bottom line is that user installable parts should be readily available.  You even agree with that premise.  Until they are available, Nikon's current policy simply screws its loyal customers; no two ways about it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow