Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Questions thread
OP Fathom Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

mais51 wrote:

I just don't get the phrase "in our country" surely it is between you and your retail dealer - just find the right one.  Here in Sydney Australia there are number of camera shops happy to let you try a display camera, not quite Yodobashi where hundred camera bodies and lenses are lay on tables for you to try out - surely if they know that you are a genuine buyer then they would go out of their way to help you get the right gear - because a happy customer is always returning for more.

Regarding motion blur - VR only helps you steady the rig, it could not stop the subject motion - for that you must increase the shutter speed - VR does not help here.  As the D800 is heavier than the D600 wouldn't it be better at reducing camera vibration ?

Hi Mais

How I wish I was Australian and get all camera-trial privileges like you.

I'm sure VR sould help stop the blur caused by the shooter. As for the weight, you have a point there.

Tnanks for responding Mais.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow