Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Questions thread
OP Fathom Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: You are probably right, but...

lock wrote:

Every user has its own 'sloppiness' and every user will reach his/her own max in technique. For some it means in general the D800 is not the best solution.  Of course, downsizing may be a solution. But if you need to do it very often it may get a little annoying ? "Why on earth did I buy 36 Mps...?"

I tested various D800 and the camera really needs the extra technique when handheld. Also, I'm pretty convinced the D600 shutter mechanism is dampened a bit better. All in all, I can shoot 1/focal length without much of a problem at 100% pixel peeping with my D600 only after one day of shooting. This is something I could not achieve after several days of practice with a D800.
YMMV.

lock

Hi Lock

I can feel a bit of frustration on your part on the D800 of which I assume you own one. I just hope that I wouldn't feel the same should I choose the D800. I'm quite relieved I got an extension on my D800/D600 reservation. Hopefully, the distributor will let me try their D600 demo unit when it's available already. Thanks for writing on this Question Thread Lock.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow