Sensor resolution versus eyes resolution, D800e
Was working on a set of dahlia images and after shooting, I sat down to sort and edit, and had a little surprise. First, there were a couple of spider web strands that I never saw in the shoot, but when I put them on screen, pow, there they were. Then there was the spider himself. He popped up here and there throughout the hour-long session. A number of the images I was shooting were stitches - an interior designer wanted wallpaper size prints, so I was shooting 6 to 8 images with the D800e to cover the subject and stitching them together. The little spider screwed up quite a number of them, appearing here and there, different place ever few minutes. I'll be cloning him out, although not before giving him a print for his family and friends.
The D800e out-resolves even my over-corrected lasered eyes. I'm now looking at tethered shooting for studio work, so I don't have similar surprises.
Here's the image capture... you can see the threads of spider silk upper left on the image. Didn't show even on screen until I did a small contrast adjustment.
And a closeup showing the little ham of a spider.
And then later on...
He's in a much more picturesque location...
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Oct 8, 2012||3|
|Oct 8, 2012||1|
|Sophisticated construction by the nature by Orchideon|
|After the Rain by Flor Tempra|
from Macro - Something Pink
|Asilah by Limburg|
from Cozy Corners