Sensor resolution versus eyes resolution, D800e

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,734
Sensor resolution versus eyes resolution, D800e

Was working on a set of dahlia images and after shooting, I sat down to sort and edit, and had a little surprise.  First, there were a couple of spider web strands that I never saw in the shoot, but when I put them on screen, pow, there they were.  Then there was the spider himself.  He popped up here and there throughout the hour-long session. A number of the images I was shooting were stitches - an interior designer wanted wallpaper size prints, so I was shooting 6 to 8 images with the D800e to cover the subject and stitching them together.  The little spider screwed up quite a number of them, appearing here and there, different place ever few minutes. I'll be cloning him out, although not before giving him a print for his family and friends.

The D800e out-resolves even my over-corrected lasered eyes.  I'm now looking at tethered shooting for studio work, so I don't have similar surprises.

Here's the image capture... you can see the threads of spider silk upper left on the image.  Didn't show even on screen until I did a small contrast adjustment.

And a closeup showing the little ham of a spider.

And then later on...

He's in a much more picturesque location...

Ednaz's gear list:Ednaz's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 +41 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow