Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Questions thread
BobYIL Contributing Member • Posts: 940
Re: Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

1. Ming Thein is right if he meant the D600 would be used the way he uses his D800E; i.e. rather large size enlargements for commercial purposes requiring more (professional-like) discipline for handheld shots especially at low-light situations.

2. However, when it comes motion-blur, i.e. the displacement of the image contours due to hand-shake, low-shutter-speed, etc., then the amount of displacement on the sensor does NOT change for a given output size (or print size) as long as you use FF sensor be it 12MP, 24MP or 36MP. It has nothing to do with the D700, 600 or 800...

Lately I use the D800E and I find it requiring a little more handling discipline compared to the other DSLRs I used however it necessitates really the best lenses (more resolution power, better corrected) if you want optimum results out of this hi-res sensor, rather tripod use and comparably higher shutter speeds.

-- hide signature --

BobYIL

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow