Autumn in the Alps

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pixnat2
OP Pixnat2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,387
Re: Autumn in the Alps

gollywop wrote:

Pixnat2, what a wonderful shooting opportunity.  I'm sure others are as envious as am I.

Sure it was :-). The only sunny day from a long time, i wouldn't had missed it!

I particularly like the second to the last, and, since you ask C&C, I felt it was too warm and hard. Since it's difficult to describe what I'd do differently, I took the liberty of reworking it to show.  I made changes to WB, highlights, vibrance, shadows, contrast, and a slight crop to bring the cottages more to the fore.

Here is a reply of your original

And here is my redo; I wish I were there.

I don't know if you were using AutoWB when you took the shot, but it has a tendency to produce a hyellowie cast in such circumstances.

Nice proposal. I use LR4.2 + Huelight EM-5 profile, and leaved the WB as is. In your picture, I like the crop (nice idea!) and the slightly recovered details in the sky. The WB is a bit too cold for my taste, (or maybe I should profile my monitor once ;-)). I don't mind the slighlty warm color, which is siutable for Autumn, IMHO. Of course, to each his taste.

But thanks for the time you took for commenting and for your excellent suggestions!

-- hide signature --
 Pixnat2's gear list:Pixnat2's gear list
Nikon D810 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow