Does anyone else think the RX100 is overpriced at 650 USD?

Started Oct 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jonikon Veteran Member • Posts: 7,381
Does anyone else think the RX100 is overpriced at 650 USD?

I was sorely tempted to buy the RX 100, (which I believe is a great little pocket camera BTW), but I could not justify $650 for a pocket camera with no EVF,  and no electronic shutter. when comparing it to the price range of the compact mirror-less cameras.  Although the RX 100 is desirable for it's pocket-ability,  I feel the RX100 could be, and should be, priced at $400. At the $400  price I would have bought the RX100, but instead I bought a Nikon V1 with 10-30mm  lens for $399 from Adorama. Sony is missing out on some sales with their high price on the RX100 and I hope the successor to the RX100 will be more reasonably priced, (along with EVF, electronic shutter and on-sensor PDAF please!). I also expect some direct competition from other brands to the RX100 , which one would hope would force a more reasonable price from Sony.

- Jon

Nikon 1 V1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow