Bummed, but returning D600

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
antoineb Veteran Member • Posts: 6,650
A case of you got the sensor dirty yourself perhaps?

sorry but you don't make a lot of sense to me:

- if your sensor showed spots a new camera, then I don't see why all the rant - this is covered under warranty obviously.  Now that cameras have live view, it is easy enough to see any spots in real time by just going to say f22 and pointing at a blank wall.  No need for special testing.

So as per my logic, you'd have played with your camera, seen this major problem, returned it to the store under warranty probably within the first week.

- the fact that you did NOT return the camera at once (which anyone would have done upon seeing lots of spots), but rather went through several cleaning cycles, suggests that perhaps you were one of those unlucky people who "cleaned" perhaps too aggressively.

Cleaning a sensor is never an innocent task.  It needs to be done very carefully.  Blowing air is the only safe method (some years ago some Hungarian guys had done several cycles of putting LOTS of dust on their sensors, then getting it all of with a blow-drier!).

Methods involving any liquid always present a risk.  The good kits will generally involve liquids that are not harmful, the bad ones will be harmful, and in any case you can never know for sure until it's too late.

What am I missing?

antoineb's gear list:antoineb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Olympus TG-610 Nikon D7000 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow