Thom Hogan's complete guide to the D800/E

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
herbymel Veteran Member • Posts: 6,077
Re: Thom Hogan's complete guide to the D800/E

u007 wrote:

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

I bought this book and I just wanted to say how good it is. It is super comprehensive and I am conquering aspects of the camera I did not fully understand how to use.

Its great when he evaluates the various functions but then gives a professional recommendation on which one is best.

For the first time I got the AF working properly on video! I have taken a few videos and the autofocus was a real issue and a lot of my videos were out of focus as a result!

Great value and unless you are very well seasoned with Nikon cameras its a great accessory and leaves the supplied manual for dead.

Greg.

Specifically, what have you learned about the camera that you didn't already know and couldn't have learned from the internet or the instruction manual?

I just don't get the point in paying for a book about a camera when you have a chunky instruction manual, the internet AND help functions built into the camera itself (the ? button which you can press on almost any menu option)

-- hide signature --

My travel photography blog - http://www.frescoglobe.com

For the price it's always good to have more information...the manual is fine and should be gone through, but it is a bit cut and dried and with the internet you always get a variety of information that can be great, but is generally conflicting depending on who you listen to.

-- hide signature --

Herby

herbymel's gear list:herbymel's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4D ED-IF II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow