Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Questions thread
OP Fathom Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

mais51 wrote:

If you have a D700 why would you consider a D600, ergonomically a D800 is almost identical to the D700, D600 is a different beast altogether.  I am only a D300S shooter but I would not consider a D600 - waiting for a D300X but if nothing coming through in the next few months will pull a trigger on a D800.

Hi Mais51

It's okay if I consider the D600 because I'm familiar with the D7K ergonomics. Though I would think that the D800 is a more worthy investment if the camera I'll be getting has no issues (AF) and could really capture sharp images at 36MP with every technique I can try to avoid image blur. I read from bloggers and forums that as much as they love their D800, it's really a challenge to achieve tack-sharp images from their previous cameras with the D800. I would not want to be caught in such a scenario. If the D600 can achieve that with lesser shot discipline, why wouldn't one consider the better camera in the aspects of AF performance. I do wish that the D800 is that better camera because this would be a big investment for me and I want my cam to be well-worth in its longevity of use. Thanks for replying on this thread Mais51. Your response is greatly appreciated.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow