Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Questions thread
sshoihet Senior Member • Posts: 2,629
Re: Which is better? A Nikon D600 or D800? Mostly using it HANDHELD & with low light.

coreyh wrote:

Lisa O wrote:

I agree with Ming (I also follow his blog). For hand held the D600 is a better choice for your needs. I have D800, D800E and D600. After several months with the D800 and D800E I have decided to only use the D800E with a tripod. The D800 when I know I can use a monopod or pretty high shutter speeds and the D600 for a general walk around camera.

Wow, only use the d800(e) with a tripod.  Okay, I guess to each their own, but in your ultimate conquest for sharpness do you also only shoot @ F4-F5.6?

This whole thing about the d800 being hard to use and I think it started with Ming, is hilarious.  The d800 is the easiest camera I have ever used!  Makes taking photos a pleasure.  And yes they are tack sharp!

That whole thing is ridiculous.  For the same viewing size, viewed from the same distance, the D800 image will not look worse.  If people want to view images at 100% and obsess over noise and blur, they're never going to be happy.

sshoihet's gear list:sshoihet's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS M Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow