Bummed, but returning D600

Started Oct 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
pastordad Regular Member • Posts: 111
Re: Bummed, but returning D600

I am totally okay with folks learning how to clean sensors, but Nikon is recommending wet cleans to be done by them or dealers (D600, pg 304, step 7). Sounds to me like its on you if you do it and something goes wrong. Maybe I'm a bit paranoid with a $2000+ piece of tech that I don't think should have problems out of the box, but then again, I'm not the guy rooting iphones either.

Excess oil is a defect, maybe a common one, but a defect non-the-less. I would rather have Nikon pre-test the shutter 1000 times at the factory, clean it, and send it out that way, than require customers to have to DIY a non-recommended by the manufacturer fix, or send it in for a repair, IMHO.

BTW, if there was a fixed lens camera that shot usable 6400 ISO, I would certainly be interested in checking it out...(plus fast lenses, etc, etc)...

pastordad's gear list:pastordad's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 A3000 Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Dan
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow