10 days with the a57
I've purchased an a57 10 days ago. I already had 3 lenses, the sony 16-105, minolta 50 f1.7 and the tamron 70-200 f2.8.
On day 2 I went to Sea World and spent a whole day there. I got some great video footage (about 10 x 2 minutes) and about 500 shots. I've never shot videos in my life before. I've set it to MP4, not AVCHD as I had no idea how much space would I need.
I JUST LOVE THIS THING
It is so easy to use. It just flows with you. Almost guesses what you want from it. Here are my thoughts about the EVF in relation to problems brought up by others:
1. EVF has lower dynamic range than the eye, so in contrasty scenes, you don't see as much details as with the eye. This is correct, but it shows you more of what the camera will record on the photo.
2. In dark scenes, it becomes noisy and slow to refresh. This is also true, but only becomes apparent when it's so dark that you can barely see anything on OVF.
3. It has some tearing effect. So what? If somebody didn't bring it up somewhere on these forums, I would have never noticed it and never ever bothers me.
4. Slide-show effect at high-speed bursts. Can't comment as I haven't tried it.
I'm a Sony and EVF fanboy. I don't use my A700 any more.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4