Q about usability of a Metz 40 MZ-3i
Your adapter is the correct one but needs a firmware update. you can send it in and metz will do the update. i think it is for free.
you need firmware m8 to make the 40mz or 32mz work with pre flash ttl on the slts. the newest vrsion is m9 but you need m8. every adapter with m3 and up should be updateable.
this is tested and confirmed more than once in a german community with the a55.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%