D400 Worth the wait

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
quatpat Contributing Member • Posts: 944
Re: D400 Worth the wait

The third reason: I tested my Nikon D300 and Sony A77 in the same time on the same movements. I used 6 fps on D300 and I saw the scene. I used 6 fps with A77 and I saw old pictures, after 2 second about 1 second late!!! EVF!!!

Ok, let's stick to the facts here: first, the A77 doesn't have a 6fps mode, only 3fps, 8fps, and 12fps. The 8fps and 12fps create a sort of a slide-show in the viewfinder, which will result in a 1/8s or 1/12s delay between the action and what you see in the viewfinder. This of course can be rather annoying when shooting fast action at 8fps or 12fps, but there is no such thing as "after 2 seconds about 1 second late". If that was really the case, then you had forgotten to turn the auto review off, which comes down that you did not use the camera properly. This however is hardly the fault of the EVF, rather of a user who didn't read the manual.

quatpat's gear list:quatpat's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 200-500mm F/5-6.3 Di LD (IF) Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow