DP2M in Melbourne

Started Oct 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
idillic Regular Member • Posts: 154
DP2M in Melbourne

I received my DP2M the other day and I went over the road from my office to take a few pictures in the park.  On downloading them & viewing them, frankly I was astonished at the quality.  I have an SD1M and it is great, but this little compact is something else.  I have attached a couple of pictures from the few that I took – not sure how they will show via the web.

The in camera settings I use are the same as for the SD1M – I set the contrast as far ‘minus’ as it will go mainly because the light in Melbourne is very contrasty.  In SPP, they are exported with a little fill light, highlights low & sharpness -2.  I give them some minor sharpening in Photoshop.

The thing about this camera is I end up seeing detail in the images I cannot see with the naked eye.  It’s a bit unnerving.

Wonderful camera, I am going to order a DP1M.  These are too good not to have. (Hopefully the distributor will give me credit on the disappointing 17-50mm zoom I bought a couple of months ago)

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  It was a nice spring day.

Below is a 100% crop from a small area left of centre.

100% crop

And they join well in lieu of a wide angle lens.

Fitzroy gardens East Melbourne - with the cbd in the background.

idillic's gear list:idillic's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Pentax 645D Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +8 more
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow