E-PL5 video 4x teleconverter
Guy Parsons wrote:
Weird, I was reading a thread where someone was asking about the 4x video teleconverter feature of the E-PL5 and suddenly the whole thread was deleted. It wasn't my fault, I'm sure......
Meanwhile I found where it is mentioned http://asia.olympus-imaging.com/products/dslr/epl5/feature/06/
And my thoughts are that it is a good idea but the 4x combined with the dreadful video pixel shifting of the Pens then it could be a shaky jello disaster. Best to only try it with an OIS lens and or a tripod.
This one Guy?
I agree with you, I doubt that it will be terribly effective with the 3 axis IS of the PENs, especially if they use the software stabilisation. I'll wait for a 5 axis IS implementation, but it is really encouraging to see it introduced. For me, it was a really positive feature of the GH2.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%