First Time FF User - 5DM3 or D600?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kabe Luna
Kabe Luna Veteran Member • Posts: 9,493
Re: For landscapes, the Nikon D600 is the better camera.

KidRacer wrote:

Thank you all for the very helpful feedback. Sadly i'm still torn.

Option 1:

5DM3 + 50mm 1.2L

Option 2:

D600 + 14-24 2.8 and 50mm 1.8G.

I know a lot of you recommended holding both cameras, which i have done in store a few times. Though the 5D is significantly larger, they both feel quite good. I dont have overly large hands, so both work.

KidRacer, you are going about this all wrong. Think about subject matter and photographic style first. FF + 50mm gives you very different capabilities than FF + 14-24mm + 50mm. Knowing what and how you shoot will likely lead you to an obvious choice. The two options you have put forth make me wonder if you really know *why* you would be purchasing a FF camera. If you don't know that, you're better off sticking with what you have currently, perfecting technique and developing a style, until you know for sure whether or not FF + certain lenses are what you need. At that point, there will be no need to consult people on the internet who are often unfamiliar with the cameras themselves, let along your style of photography, for advice choosing gear.

Kabe Luna's gear list:Kabe Luna's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow