Thinking about Buying the SX40 HS

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
james2k50
OP james2k50 Contributing Member • Posts: 573
Re: Thinking about Buying the SX40 HS

Well after reading and viewing all of the responses, I decided to buy the SX40 HS. So far I have taken 200 pictures and all of them came out pretty good. I was worried about IQ since I had to retire my dslr as it was getting old and for $$ reasons. Now I may take this back for some instances, but I'm amazed at the quality for it not being a dslr. So far so good

As for the autofocus issue, I haven't really had any trouble except for a few occasions. So far this issue is minor to me and expected with such a diverse range coming from the lens. I shot some video and that worked out pretty well. I noticed the autofocus seems to take a bit of time to refocus while zooming out past 10 X optical. Again, it is not a big issue for me. However if this is faulty or not working properly, I would like to know before my warranty runs out.

Besides the things mentioned, I must say I'm quite happy. I am floored by the detail thus far coming from the camera with such a small sensor! Will I ever go back to dslr? Most likely, when I can afford it financially. Thanks so much for all of the responses and great feedback James

james2k50's gear list:james2k50's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A65
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow