The verdict is in: EOS-M is terribly SLOW.

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
caterpillar Veteran Member • Posts: 7,637
Re: The verdict is in: EOS-M is terribly SLOW.

Donkey914 wrote:

My take is that anyone considering this camera ought to try it out to determine just how "slow" slow really is. 1 second? 2 seconds? It's definitely going to lag behind other solutions, and that has upset some, but in real-world performance, what does it add up to? We'll know in 2 weeks...

My guess is typical, in good light, it's 0.8 - 1 sec. In dim light, 1.5-2+ seconds. My guess is it will be blasted for a poor AF.

Though I agree that not everybody value a fast AF, in this day and age, where the competitor's MILC's AF is very fast, such performance is unacceptable. What is grating about it is that the price is above board too. Add to that the U$200 adapter to make your ef-s lenses work, you're over U$1,000 for the thing. No doubt, in the succeeding months, we'll see the price drop and if sales are slow, which I think it might be, we will see some significant price drops.

caterpillar's gear list:caterpillar's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Mk7
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow