Upgrading normal lens

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
math guy Senior Member • Posts: 2,474
Re: Upgrading normal lens

Dan Beaty wrote:

Joe, you and several others recommend the da21. But it would not make sense to spend over $400 for a used lens that is not much faster nor will gain much over the 16-45 I already have.

I can't disagree with you there. Like I said before, I haven't used the 16-45, but I've only heard very good things about it. To get better IQ, you may need to spend a lot more than what you're wanting to spend. I don't have any star lenses (they're way out of my price range at this point), but that may be what you need to get the results you want.

Am I expecting too much from this camera and format?

That's something only you can answer. I know a lot of the folks on the forum are constantly clamouring for a 35mm digital from Pentax. And since you mentioned having shot medium format before, maybe APS-C isn't going to give you what you want. For me, it's a great size, but everyone has different preferences. If you haven't already done so, you might consider the new Nikon D600 -- not much larger than an APS-C body but with a 35mm sensor.

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Pentax K-50 Pentax K-3 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow