The verdict is in: EOS-M is terribly SLOW.

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,853
The difference...

Those ILC offerings are from companies that rely strictly on ILC sales and have lousy DSLR offerings.  Canon has a full line of EF lenses available and a very well developed line of EF-S lenses.  Other companies has little to nothing invested in larger lenses when the started on smaller ILC lenses.

Nikon's ILC attempt was pathetic and went for size and speed, once again showing their priorities that overshadow image quality.  At least Canon produced a camera that put image quality first.  Buying an ILC requires certain compromises just as a DSLR does.  Canon is much more invested in DSLR's and they decided to put an ILC out there that will produce great images but they're not ready to share the spotlight with their extremely capable DSLR's.

I'll see what the 7DMkII looks like, but chances are I'll wait for a MkIII or maybe a 5DMkIV.  ILC's have compromises I don't care to make.  The G1 X fits my requirements for a small camera.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Mk7
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow