CP4500 has a RAW mode! (Part II)

Started Jan 25, 2003 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
gune New Member • Posts: 19
Re: Problem with copying exif data (DAVE COFFIN's CRW also support coolpix acameras)

You do not need to specify your camera unless you have cp990 and 995 in that case RAW2NEF can not understand the camera correctly and you have to specify as mention in Pauls web site -990

You can write a batch file with -990 and save in same dirrectory as RAW2NEF then drag and grop your files batches. (if you need to add exif information drag the thumb nail jpeg file together with raw file)

out put file will be placed on the same directory with NEF extension you can remname it later better not to remnae before as progamme checks EXIF information raw file number plus one file (when dscp1623.jpg raw processing RAW2NEF lookfor dscp1624.jpg for exif information.

Another finding was if there is no enough space in the disk to write new file, programme will stop.

About your another thread

I also failed to succeed in registry trick forget about grag and drop all at once and relax for few minutes

In other words drag all the files in your camera foulder to either on to batch file or RAW2NEF file it will convert for you no commands necessary.

If you need to use photoshop now CRW of DAVE COFFIN's CRW also support coolpix acameras

http://www2.primushost.com/%7Edcoffin/powershot/
but no binary you have to compile your self.

I tested it it works fine for Photoshop this need some commands drag and drop does not works if you compile latest version let me know

gune1@yahoo.com

Shafak wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, gune. I did not realize one could drag
and drop the raw files into raw2nef program. Just one question.
What about the option we enter in dos mode to input value for the
camera we use, {-990, -995, -4500 etc}? When dragging and
dropping, we are using only the command line "raw2nef.exe
input_file_name output_file_name"

I hope I don't sound too confusing. Thanks and regards,

-- hide signature --

Shafak CP4500

-- hide signature --

CP950, CP990, SB22s, MC-EU1, Win, Mac,

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow