Coolpix 5700 dead pixel?

Started Jan 27, 2003 | Discussions thread
BudH Contributing Member • Posts: 543
Roberto, this won't answer you directly, but

Roberto Saldana wrote:

My question is this. I remapped when my camera had been on for a while, thus I suppose I got the max number of hot pixels 512. I remember it was over 512 but can't tell you exactly.

Use the program to reread the map, you can then cut and paste the output window to Notepad, Word, Excel, etc to see how many are mapped. Since we don't really know how the CoolPix firmware determines what a hot pixel is we can't even be sure it takes the 512 hottest ones, let's assume it does. I am not sure cooling down your CCD (I'm not sure what baw meant. Did he put his 5700 on ice?) is practical or advisable. Don't people take pictures when it's hot outside? Will baw's camera develope hot pixels in the "heat" of picture taking, while ours won't?

Should I delete the table and remap the camera after cooling it off?

I don't know

Is there any danger to deleting the table?

Not sure

Has anyone actually done it?

I haven't

Am I correct in my assumption that the lower the threshold i.e., 60 > X the less hot pixels will be remapped?

You can't set a threshold in the remapping software, just in the test application. As I stated before, I have 4 hot pixels with a setting of 5, but you know what? I can't see a pixel with a luminence of 5!

Is 512 the maximum number of pixels that can be remapped?

I think it is, but not sure.

-- hide signature --

Bud - CP5700, PZ5KAF

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
baw
oza
RPK
RPK
baw
baw
baw
RPK
baw
baw
baw
don
RPK
RPK
N
RPK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow