NEX-6 Mic options

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SkudShark New Member • Posts: 5
NEX-6 Mic options

Hey gang,

So I am holding out for a NEX-6 to upgrade from a point and shoot and a seperate video recorder, hoping this will do everything in one (reasonably well). Question though, with the standard hotshoe on it and the added data ports under that, any idea of what external mic options there are for this that don't require a 3.5mm jack/works through the hot shoe?

Never really played with hot shoe mounted mics so forgive my inexperience. Basically just wanting a better stereo mic that can handle concerts, and other loud events.

I saw a stereo handycam mic on Sony's site that looks like it feeds directly through the hot shoe, I'm assuming it will work but I wasn't sure if there was any 3rd party better quality units that come to mind? A few google searches didn't return much for me. Besides flashes/data I've never tinkered with hot shoes for anything else, so I'm hoping this will work. Im sure Sony will at some point make their own specialized bits for the camera's port, but I was hoping there would be something that already could work, as I'll be needing to use this pretty heavily the month it is released.

Any help is appreciated!

Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow