First Time FF User - 5DM3 or D600?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Emacs23 Regular Member • Posts: 454
Re: First Time FF User - 5DM3 or D600?

Royce - Into the Night Photography wrote:

The main reason one buys a full-frame sensor camera is for the higher dynamic range and lower signal-to-noise ratio over that of a smaller sensor. Recent DxO Labs sensor scores rate the Canon 5D Mark III inferior (a score of 81) to the new Nikon D600 (a score of 94). I totally disagree, based on other tests I have observed and reported in my blog comparing the high ISO noise levels of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III and the Nikon D600:

http://intothenightphoto.blogspot.com/2012/09/new-entry-level-full-frame-cameras.html

Mind you, this blog post is for those involved in low light night photography, not studio, sports or wedding photography. However, I've used my Mark III in all of these areas and the performance is amazing --much better than my older Mark II.

JPEG engine comparison? D600's sensor is ahead of 5d3 in all aspects (as well as D800's), it's just stupid to deny this. DxO testing procedures are adequate.

Emacs23's gear list:Emacs23's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Leica Super-Elmar-M 18mm f/3.8 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow