Can someone explain this to me? D3X...

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,455
D3x better IQ than a D800, sorry?

astralux wrote:

I have 2 D3x's and have now also got a D800E. Until you have used the D3x extensively you will not know why the D3x is the superior camera. The IQ is better IMHO and the build quality is much better. It is still worth it's asking price, but only to those who can appreciate such a camera. It never had any issues from day one and was built by the very best technicians at Nikon and it shows. My D800e is now up for sale due to unsorted issues I have with it and another D3x will replace it after it is sold. I hope Nikon builds a D4x to replace the D3x some time in the future.

Sorry, you just said the D3x IQ is better? Care to elaborate on that one? Lower DR, lower resolution, lower portrait bit depth and colour definition? How come it's better if all this is true? Lets be honest, the BUILD and battery is better. That's it.

What your post sounds like is that you have had D800 issues and are going back to an old faithful. If you had a D800 that worked you'd feel better. I've had the D800 over 4 months without issue aswell.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow