iPhoto file structure and possible Aperture switch

Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Larry251 Contributing Member • Posts: 632
iPhoto file structure and possible Aperture switch

I currently am using iPhoto 09 and PS Elements 9 (and I haven't used the latter very often to date). I was thinking of upgrading to iPhoto '11, but for $65 more I can just go to Aperture. I think I would like to get my photos out of the crazy file structure that iPhoto puts them in "behind the scenes" and set them in a simple folder that could be referenced (two years ago I switched over from a PC to Mac and I guess some habits die hard). If I upgrade to Aperture would I be able to do that easily or is it going to be a pain regardless and I should just leave it alone?

I also wonder if generally an upgrade to iPhoto '11 or Aperture makes the most sense or whether perhaps keeping iPhoto '09 would be better. So far, I haven't particularly been limited by iPhoto (I probably have about 4,000 photos - many of which I need to go through and delete because they aren't worth saving).

Larry251's gear list:Larry251's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow