A photo scrapbook: Paris (V1+10mm) c&c welcome

Started Sep 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
CollinFX45 Regular Member • Posts: 180
Re: 10mm lens

Couple things:

1) Thanks very much for sharing these. I really enjoyed the story they told of your travels. It makes me think I should recompile my shots from a recent Vietnam trip in a similar format, if only for my own remembering/enjoyment. Your shots were great.

2) I feel exactly the same about the V1 + 10mm. I have the 10-30mm as well and agree; it just doesn't do too much for me. Once the 18.5mm is available, I'll definitely sell the 10-30mm (if it's worth anything) and get the 30-100mm which I hear praise for all the time. I am the same way - it's liberating to be forced into one focal length and I've found that it challenges me to get more creative (and more often than not, the images reflect that).

3) Can you tell us a bit more about the shooting style? Just leave the camera on "P" and snap away? Auto-ISO? Auto white balance? I keep hearing to just "trust" this camera and let it do the work for me, but that's so opposite of what I'm used to. It makes me uneasy

Thanks again,

-Collin-

CollinFX45's gear list:CollinFX45's gear list
Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow