seeking some advice regarding a purchase

Started Sep 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tan68
Tan68 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,776
Re: I sometimes even take my D7k in the mountains but...

antoineb wrote:

... put it in my backpack or else it would just be too damn uncomfortable, well anytime I want to take a photo I need to have enough space to put the backpack down, take the camera out, you name it. A big hassle compared to a superzoom that fits in a hip pocket

have you tried a holster bag for the dSLR? put it on the waist belt of your pack..?

it can be troublesome if you can't find a place to put a pack. i use a daypack with a soft frame. the Osprey Talon has a foam panel for a frame. with the waist belt fastened, i can slip the shoulder straps off and the pack remains secure with the belt. then, i can rotate the pack around my waist to get at what i need. kinda like a slingbag that isn't. if you are using a pack with stays and have gear for camping, this wouldn't work, of course.

... Rare, I repeat rare, exceptions include: difficult dynamic range; forests where light levels are typically very low.

we hike in different areas.

Tan68's gear list:Tan68's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow